Mindful Self – Tabhair Aire
Who is this course for?
This Summer Course on Mindfulness is for…
- The teacher who wants to ensure that young children are nurtured socially and emotionally.
- The teacher who wants to help the children regulate their emotions.
- The teacher who wishes to have a store of short, easy, and effective techniques to help bring calm and relaxation to any situation.
- The teacher who helps the class to grow together in a caring and sharing community spirit.
- The teacher who wants to be, an example of, as well as a teacher of, mindfulness.
What will you learn on the course?
- How to be more mindful within yourself and in your everyday world
- How to prepare for, and how to use techniques, when teaching mindfulness classes
- How to support children to deal with class differences and tension
- How to encourage children and staff to share their mindfulness techniques with family and friends in the community
- How to support staff during times of stress and anxiety for improved mental wellbeing
Why I created this Summer Course on Mindfulness…
I created this EPV course so that you are ready and prepared with tools and techniques to help you start your next school year with the positive knowledge of “Tús maith leath na hoibre.”
This past year has been another difficult and stressful one for teachers and students alike. Because of this, I felt it is time that teachers are equipped with the necessary skills to help them to develop a strengths-based mindset in the children. This will help to ensure the resilience and positive mental wellbeing of the children, for their future development.
By supporting teachers to nurture their own wellbeing, they are better equipped to teach the children to appreciate the wonderful differences which make us all unique. Teachers are also better able to encourage others to use their strengths and to have the resilience to recover from stressful and anxious situations. That ability can be uplifting for the children, for colleagues and indeed the whole school community. Teachers will also enable students, through visualisation, to use their strengths to develop a positive mindset for the future.
Now, more than ever, I feel it is time to teach our children that their creative minds can help them envision their future, with confidence, self esteem and resilience for their lives ahead.
What does this course contain?
This Summer course on Mindfulness ‘Mindful Self – Tabhair Aire’ is approved by the Dept. of Ed. for your EPV days
This course has 5 modules:
Module 1: Anxiety.
To recognise and understand the effects of Anxiety on the body and the mind.
Relaxation techniques to release anxiety.
Module 2: Confidence
To recognise and build on past experiences of feeling confident
Techniques to build confidence
Module 3: Concentration
Learn to use focus and concentration in goalsetting activities
Fun games and techniques to improve concentration
Recognising your strengths and weaknesses
Creative activities to reinforce personal strengths
Looking at our physical and mental self care plan
The connection between mental and physical well being.
This EPV Summer Course gives you the opportunity to reflect on current mindfulness practice within your own school and to set out a plan for your new school year ahead. There are opportunities to collaborate with and learn from peers. You will be able to share ideas with one another in a secure and safe space.
On successful completion of the course you will receive your EPV Certificate.
Course date and times:
Face to face course takes place 4th– 8th July from 9:30am – 11:30am and 12pm to 2pm.
Venue: Gael-Choláiste Chill Dara, Seanbhóthar Luimní, Nás na Ríogh, Co. Chill Dara W91 E282.
Your BONUS FEATURES… will deliver to your email:
- Downloadable classroom posters.
- Mindfulness MP3 recordings in English and as Gaeilge
Thank you for taking the time to consider my Summer Course. Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions. Contact me on 087 2279906 to book your place.